Electric Moon rises to the occasion for you
Talk about a bright light for children, teens, teachers, families, and communities! Electric Moon Theatre Company invites your Ontario school or theatre to enjoy professional, superior quality live performances, programs and workshops—all within the convenience and comfort of your own venue, from classroom to auditorium to concert hall. Now offering virtual options for theatre classes, in-school workshops and birthday parties.
We light the way from JK through Grade 12
- Virtual afterschool and weekend theatre classes (Read More)
- In-school Lunch-time and Afterschool Theatre Programs (Read More)
- Guest Artists in the Classroom — customized theatre arts workshops for schools taught by professional artists. All programs now available virtually live-streamed to your school (Read More)
- Theatre For Young Audience touring shows available for schools, libraries and theatres (Read More)
- Theatre birthday parties – Your party, Starring you! Now available virtually! (Read More)
We shine so you can shine
- By providing affordable, accessible plays and performances, allowing families to experience shows they might not otherwise have the chance to see
- By introducing children and teens to the exciting world of theatre and its endless rewards and possibilities
- By inspiring students to explore the arts, instilling a love and appreciation to last a lifetime
- By providing unique and positive opportunities to spur imagination, discover hidden talents, and nurture creativity
- By developing confidence and self-esteem, developing teamwork and empathy, and revealing the unique qualities that exist within each and every one of us
- By creating a positive and encouraging environment and allowing full accessibility in all our programming.
Electric Moon Theatre Company was founded by Carrie Libling. Before relocating to the Toronto area in 2005, Carrie was the Director of Family Programming for New York City’s Vital Theatre Company, where she commissioned, produced and directed original family musicals. In 2009, she made her mark locally with the staging of the first Canadian production of Pinkalicious, The Musical. In 2012, Carrie became Education Coordinator of the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts, where she oversaw the programming and implementation of the yearly Education Series, creating and developing theatre workshops, lunch-time and afterschool theatre programs, summer camps, and a variety of related events and activities.
A mother of three, Carrie recognizes firsthand the growing need for quality arts education programming and entertainment for schools and families and the benefits an arts education curriculum has on growth and development. In 3 years Electric Moon has produced sold out sit-down runs of Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas, Big Nate the Musical and Junie B. Jones the Musical at the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts. Electric Moon has also toured productions of Big Nate the Musical, Geronimo Stilton Mouse in Space, and Junie B. Jones the Musical – all which visited numerous theatres and schools – Geronimo also had a successful Northern Ontario tour in January 2019. Electric Moon Theatre Company works with several school boards in Toronto and the GTA with theatre arts programming including guest artist workshops and lunch-time and afterschool theatre classes. They are also an approved partner with the Toronto District School Board. To continue operating during Covid-19, Electric Moon has put a virtual spin on all programs – theatre classes, guest artist workshops and birthday parties now all available online, virtually and live-streamed! Stay tuned for another tour of Junie B. Jones the Musical to Southern Ontario theatres in January 2022.
A bright light for your bright lights
Live theatre is a valuable contributor to childhood development, nurturing imagination and creativity by way of the performing arts, including music, dance, drama and spoken word. Our mission at Electric Moon is to support, encourage and grow hidden talent, imagination, self-esteem, empathy and confidence. Our programs are designed to allow children to discover their innate creativity, promoting skills in acting, singing, dancing, playwriting and more. Best of all, no past theatre experience is necessary! The only requisites are an open mind and the willingness to try something new. Whatever the age—from toddler to teen— we promise to captivate and enlighten with story, music, movement and spectacle.